Saturday, July 7, 2012

Cleaning....never enough time

    Well, since my mother-in-law was diagnosed with cancer in September of last year, my house has pretty much been on hold.  Something had to give in our lives and since we were never home except to sleep, it was our house. (Though The dogs settled right in and made it their own place.) After finally getting past the funk of post funeral I have finally begun cleaning.  At the moment there is as much dog hair on me as there is on the dogs. I will have to have the drain-o on standby when I go take my shower.
      Today is one of those cleaning sessions when you feel like you are making more mess than you are cleaning up, never mind the fact that VA is in the middle of a major heatwave! Coltrane, our mixed breed, is like a three year old, every time you move he moves with you.  I am not even going to blog how many trash bags I have filled.  I have even thought about enlisting my teaching buddy Vicki's help.  If any one can organize, she can.  I am even still finding the token Christmas decoration here and there. (Vicki would know what to do!)
      I guess I have procrastinated long enough, I was on a "rest from heat" break ordered by my husband. Back to the dungeon and scrubbing floors that are in need of a good sanding and refinishing.  We gave up on working on the kitchen I have been without since last September.  I finally just purchased metal shelves at Lowes to hold items that were in cabinets that were removed almost a year ago. (Pre Nana's Cancer) At least this way we have cleared several critical areas in our house and have a counter-top exposed.  I think the wires sticking out of the wall provides a nice electrical ambiance. (yes, the are capped off)
     Hopefully, I will be able to post progress pictures in the fall......keep your fingers crossed. "All I want for Christmas is my kitchen back, my kitchen back, my kitchen back.  Gee if I could only have my kitchen back, then I could bake you Christmas cookies! (Ok-we will just say that last part was the result of heat exhaustion!)

1 comment:

  1. Also, if you look closely in the right corner you can see previous wallpapers that once adorned the walls, this is my flea market touch, lol.

    ReplyDelete