Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Room Update

Okay, I know my three followers are anxiously awaiting a room update, haha. I had to take a few days off to visit a very dear friend.  I really credit her for my love of antiques and my ability to find ways to reuse items.  I have been very blessed to have her and her family in my life.
So I hit Walmart today for some bargain sheers to place under the valance that I hemmed on my way to Richmond yesterday.  The bed is actually belonged to my mom when she was a little girl, the nightstand is my Goodwill find, I bought the rocking chair at a tag sale for 4.00 because it had a busted seat, and I picked up the lamp at Hobby Lobby for 6.99. (It had been 69.99) The material for the valance is actually material my mom purchased at an auction in Covington when  Salterini furniture went out of business. It was suppose to be used in my bedroom when I was little.  I wanted a bright pink room, I am not talking girly pink, I am talking bright in your face pink! My mom won the battle, my room was painted girly pink and the material was stored at the back of the closet. The good news is I finally got to use the material!
If you follow my blog you will notice there has been a slight change in my nightstand, I added legs.  I think it gave it more height and made it seem less clunky. The frame is an old one that I found in our garage and I think I bought the miniature frames for 25 cents a piece at a neighbors yard sale.  Anyone that knows me knows that I can save some of the strangest things but in the end I seem to find a use for them.  I have been described as eccentric and eclectic, both seem to fit.  I seem to be the person my friends call when they are seeking something unusual......wonder why?

1 comment:

  1. Love the night stand! It's amazing what it looked like before and now the finished product! Can't wait for more updates! =)

    ReplyDelete