Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thursday.....School Starting on Monday....Blah!

How is it your last week of break always seems to fly by?  I always have a whole list of things I want to do but never seem to get them all done. Last week when we went to Roanoke I stopped by Goodwill and found a really interesting hutch top and Ben being the ultimate furniture party pooper said dishes would not lie flat in it, so very sadly I walked on.  Yesterday we revisited the same store and there in all its glory sat the hutch top, I saw this as an omen...not that it was so ugly that no one else would purchase it but that it was meant for me to have! I promptly walked to the nearest shelf, found a plate and discovered it would lie flat within the cabinet so I immediately stuck my tongue out at Ben.  I know this was very childish but that is the relationship we have, lol. So I happily leave with 4 of my favorite ornate gold plastic frames and my hutch all for under 42.00.  We have a galley kitchen and I think open cabinets will help give the illusion of more space. Since our house is almost 110 years old and I want the pieces in the kitchen to match the character of the house.  Now if Ben can just make me a concrete farm sink, lol. I think our kitchen is going to be like a Italian kitchen, when we move all the pieces go with us. Buyers will walk in and say, "Where's the kitchen?" Well, I guess I better go get Ben out of bed to go get my treasure! Will post pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment