Friday, June 22, 2012

And so it begins.....

     For over the past nine months we have been helping  my mother-in-law who was diagnosed with uterine cancer.  She recently passed away after a very difficult battle with the disease.  As we all know in times of crisis something has to give in your life and my poor house was one of those things. So, I begin my journey.  I am not sure at what moment the dirt and chaos took over, but I think it was sometime after the Christmas Holidays since I have found remnants of holiday decorations scattered here and there.
     As I sit at my computer and gaze through the house, I suddenly become overwhelmed where to begin my first attack.  I am a little worried that I may lose the first battle today because the piles of clutter seem to be highly organized in their counter attack.
     I did discover one really neat cleaning trick that saved my hours of scrubbing in an old porcelain bathtub! Very rarely do those "miracle cleaning tricks" work, but this one definitely did.


  • 12 ounces white vinegar
  • 12 ounces liquid, blue dawn detergent

Directions:

  1. 1
    Heat vinegar in microwave until hot and pour into squirt bottle.
  2. 2
    Add the Dawn soap. Put the lid on and gently shake to incorporate.
  3. 3
    You now have a powerful cleaning product that will melt soap scum and tub and shower buildup, clean sinks, appliances and just about anything. Just spray it on, scrub, rinse and be amazed. For tough soap scum build-up, spray the mixture on and allow it to sit as long as overnight. Then, scrub and rinse.
I allowed mine to sit one hour.

Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/tub-and-shower-magic-434275#ixzz1yWfR2ZPf

No comments:

Post a Comment