Sunday, June 24, 2012

Goodwill and Etsy FInds




     Several months ago I was looking through a Southern Living magazine and noticed where a designer had used vintage paint by numbers of dogs to form a vignette on a wall.  My imagination began to kick in overdrive and started a search for old dog paint by numbers.  I decided to check Goodwill and did not find any paint by number paintings but did discover an antique oil painting that actually still had the tag from the antique shop on the back for 95 cents!  I also discovered an old Florence Kroger print of a Cocker Spaniel for 55 cents.  They both had beat up old wooden frames which I spray painted gold.  My paint by number find was located on Etsy and scored for 14.99 though vintage paint by numbers usually run much higher.  I didn't know all those years ago I was creating such sought after art, if I had only know!

No comments:

Post a Comment